Carrickfergus Castle is situated in the town of Carrickfergus in County Antrim, on the northern shore of Belfast Lough. The castle was built by John de Courcy in 1177.
Besieged in turn by the Scottish, Irish, English and French, the castle played an important military role until 1928 and remains one of the best preserved medieval structures in Northern Ireland. Today it is maintained by the Northern Ireland Environment Agency as a historical monument and it attracts many tourists each year.
Unmounted prints are the paper print only and will be rolled and posted in a postal tube.